WHY REGISTER WITH THE BOARD OF ENGINEERING?
Registration Certification by the Board of Engineering means the following:
- That the Credentials claimed by the Engineer are actually held
- That the Engineer has satisfied a rigorous assessment of his/her professional competency
- That the Engineer’s expertise in a specialty area is demonstrated and validated
- That the Engineer has demonstrated a level of competency and professional commitment
- That Board Certification is a benchmark through which the Public, Employers and Clients can have confidence and trust that an Engineer has met recognized professional standards in his/her profession
- That the Engineer is obliged to conform to a legislated Code of Ethics in his/her conduct with the Public, Employer and Clients and is prepared to be held accountable for any unethical practice.
- That the Engineer is obliged to protect the public health, safety and welfare and to demonstrate professional competency, objectivity and confidentiality.