(RELEVANT CLAUSES ARE REPRODUCED HERE FOR EASY REFERENCE)
(1) A person who holds membership at the grade of Member or Fellow in the Association of Professional Engineers at the date of commencement of this Act and who continues to hold such membership at the time of application for registration is entitled as of tight to be registered as a registered engineer.
(2) Subject to section 5, a person is entitled to be registered as a registered engineer under this Act if, on application made to the Board, he satisfies the Board that –
he is qualified to be registered as a registered engineer; and
he is a fit and proper person to practice as a registered engineer.
(3) For the purposes of subsection (2) a person is qualified to be registered as a registered engineer if –
he has been awarded a degree, diploma or other qualification in engineering granted by a University of School of Engineering that, in the opinion of the Board, is evidence of satisfactory training in engineering; and
he has had not less than four years experience in the practice of engineering and has acquired such standard of proficiency as may be approved by the Board.
(4) An application for registration shall be made to the Secretary of the Board in a form approved by the Board.
(5) A person who wishes to be registered under this Act shall furnish to the Secretary of the Board-
evidence of his qualifications and experience;
proof of his identity; and
such other information as the Board requires in respect of the matters referred to in subsection (3) or under subsection (1) of section 5 as the case may be.
(1) Where the requirements for registration have been satisfied, the Board shall, upon receipt of the prescribed fee from the applicant enter the name of the applicant in the register and issue to him a Certificate of Registration.
(2) Where the Board refuses an application for registration as a registered engineer it shall provide reasons for such refusal.
(1) A person aggrieved by the refusal of the Board to register him under this Act may –
within three months of such refusal appeal to the Appeals Tribunal; or
where he is of the view that there are additional facts or that fresh circumstances have arisen which warrant the reconsideration by the Board of this application for registration, reapply to the Board for such consideration no sooner than twelve months from the date of such refusal.
(2) A person who appeals under subsection (1) is entitled to be represented at the hearing by his legal adviser.
An applicant for registration as a registered engineer shall pay such fees as may be prescribed. ($50.00 non-refundable application fee and $500.00 registration fee)
A registered engineer shall pay such annual practice fee to the Board as may be prescribed. ($600.00 annual fee).
A copy of the total Act is available at the Government Printery or at the BOETT’s office.